Finally we got a break in the weather and were able to get the course back open again. Additionally, with ground conditions having improved, we have been able to return to the course and continue with scheduled improvements.
Wetlands green side bunkers are to be rebuilt in the same fashion as others have been, with smaller pot bunkers in a revetted style turf wall face being constructed. There isn’t a huge change to the original set up though with 2 bunkers being retained by the green, only their positions have been altered slightly and the ground around them is being softened to allow for close mowing of the turf, which will improve the quality of the greens surround.
We hope to continue cutting some long rough again too, as this has been on hold for some time now. This is an ongoing task and we will just keep plugging away whenever we get the opportunity.
If the dry weather continues for the whole week, we hope to be able to return to Pennington’s tees and get that project a little closer to completion. However, the soil is still currently too soft to work with so patience will have to be the order of the day in that regard.
That’s all for this week, but let’s all keep our fingers crossed for a prolonged dry spell of weather!!