Why should children play golf?
Hi Everyone, hope you’ve had a good weekend!
This week I’m going to talk about why children should play golf!
- Enjoying the outdoors – Children should play golf as it is a great way for them to get fresh air. In today’s world, there is so much technology that stops them enjoying playing outside.
- Developing Friendships – You will always meet new people at your Golf Club – this allows children to interact and develop vital social skills.
- Personal Responsibility – Sometime in Golf, the ball doesn’t do what you would like. There is no one to blame and this helps with taking responsibility for what has happened.
- Facilities – Here at Hunley, we pride ourselves on our facilities, The golf course is a safe place to play and practise, with the supervision of myself.
- Manage emotions – Golf closely parallels real life as one experiences the highs and lows of the game. This range of experience from birdies to triple bogeys rewards a young person’s ability to keep each shot in perspective, manage one’s emotions, maintain a positive outlook and focus on the shot at hand.
- Appreciating Diversity – Golf isn’t an ‘old man’s game’. Golf is played by all ages. It is also played regardless of gender, ethnicity, skill level or religion.
- Learn etiquette: Young people should play golf because it is based on characteristics that are missing in our society. Golf places an emphasis on etiquette. In golf there is no judge or referee; instead, players govern themselves and fellow competitors.
- Spend time with family: Golf is a game that encourages family participation.
- Wellness for life: With the youth obesity epidemic in our country, golf is a sport that helps young people get off the couch. When you play golf, walking the golf course and carrying your bag, a 150-pound person burns 350 calories and walks more than 10,000 steps.
We have a fantastic Junior Coaching section at Hunley – We have 80 juniors coming every Saturday + Sunday for teaching. We learn all aspects of the game utilising all the facilities available to us including the Driving Range and our Academy Course. The fee is £10 per month which includes 3 sessions per month. If you have a child that might be interested, please email me on [email protected]o.uk.