Margaret Wright Passing
It is with deep regret that we announce the death of one of our loved members Margaret Wright who passed away earlier this week, leaving behind a much loved family.
More details regarding funeral arrangements etc will be released in due course however currently our deepest thoughts are with her family & friends at this time.
The Hunley Team
John Askew Memorial Results
A lovely day of weather saw Mr Alan Greensmith be crowned the 2017 John Askew Memorial Champion! Alan shot 38 points and beat the competitors on countback.
Below are the rest of the results:
- Overall Champion – Alan Greensmith – 38 points
- Div 1 Winner – Brian Cullen – 37 points
- Div 1 R/up – Mike Weatherill – 37 points
- Div 2 Winner – Dave Smelt – 36 points
- Div 2 R/up – Richard Walker – 35 points
- Div 3 Winner – John Ford – 38 points
- Div 3 R/up – Robert Walker – 36 points
- Ladies Winner – Julie Hogan – 39 points
- Ladies R/up – Anne Weatherill – 39 points
- Nearest The Pin – Richard Storey
Congratulations to everybody and I hope you enjoyed the course and golf!
Rabbits League Success!
I am delighted to say that the Hunley Rabbits League team are Champions of the league!
The 3-2 win at Saltburn confirmed the win and put the cherry on top of a super season!
Congratulations to all players that took part and especially to Geoff Kirton who organised the season and team, thanks Geoff!
Magoo’s Memorial Day Success
Saturday was an unbelievably good day at Hunley! It was great to see so many players taking part and to top it off, the weather was fantastic!
The golf was a superb standard and the live band night in the evening was enjoyed by many along with the hog roast.
I hope you all enjoyed the day and didn’t have a rough head the next!
There are plenty of brilliant photos for you to enjoy on the Hunley Members Facebook page, uploaded by Donna Oakley. Thank You! Some great memories!
Supplementary Score Cards
Below are a few points about supplementary scorecard returning that will be helpful for you.
- A Member is limited to the return of one Supplementary Score per week. For the purposes of this clause a week is defined as Monday to Sunday.
- A player intending to return a Supplementary Score is required to signify the Golf Staff and SIGN IN in the computer corridor outside the Golf Shop.
- If a player who has registered for a Supplementary Score subsequently does not return a card an increase in handicap of 0.1 must be applied.
If you would like to know any more information then please don’t hesitate to ask!