- Greens have been cut at 4.5 mm all summer and speed has been on around 8 feet consistently each week since March on a weekend.
- On quiet days during the week sometimes the greens may be slower as we take the chance to rest them.
- Green speeds for Club Championship were the fastest this year at 8 feet 4 inches on Saturday and 8 feet 8 inches on Sunday. Increased speed was gained through cutting daily from Monday – Sunday with no rest days. Due to this there was no need to roll them.
- Speeds of greater than 9 feet at Hunley result in balls not stopping on selected greens.
- Rain on Friday evening made the greens softer on Saturday with them drying out slightly by Sunday (just like at Carnoustie).
This week we’re back on the irrigation system and some of you will have noticed us doing so already. A further leak has sprung behind Redding’s Apron green and a pressure regulating valve also needs to be replaced. It does look a little more likely that we will be able to sort these issues out soon though and get the system functioning through to the end of the season.
Happy golfing and see you out there!